FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edirol R-09 Sennheiser G1 / Rode lavalier

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Edirol R-09 Sennheiser G1 / Rode lavalier
on Nov 28, 2010 at 6:28:11 pm

I was wondering of the lav microphone from the Sennheiser G1 (I think it is the same connecton as G2/G3) will work with Edirol R-09? Alternativly will the Rode lavalier work with the R-09?

Ben

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Edirol R-09 Sennheiser G1 / Rode lavalier
on Nov 29, 2010 at 3:17:37 am

Only if there's 3-5vdc available at the mic input of the recorder. Try it and see. One thing is for certain, there's no 48v phantom available there.

Eric

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on Nov 29, 2010 at 11:15:43 am

Eric,

are you sure this will not damage microphone/Edirol?

Ben

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Nov 29, 2010 at 1:52:59 pm

Yes I'm sure there will be no damage as long as the mic is plugged into the 1/8" mic input. The 3-5vdc at the mic input is exactly the same voltage that a wireless transmitter provides to power the lav. Are you going to use the lav hardwired without a wireless system?

Eric

Return to posts index

Guy Cochran
on Dec 3, 2010 at 2:36:13 am

You can absolutely use small lavs such as the ME2 and RODE lav with the Edirol R-09. I've also used my Countryman B6 with the Edirol R-09 and Edirol R-09HR. You just need to turn on plug-in power for it to work.

1 Press and hold down the FINDER/MENU button until “Menu” is displayed. 2 Cursor down to “Input Setup.” 3 Press the REC button. 4 Cursor down to “Plug-in Power.”
5 Press 4 to turn plug-in power on if it’s not already on. 6 Press the FINDER/MENU button twice to return to the main screen.

The new RODE lavalier works very well. I just tested it with an inexpensive new recorder that is giving the Edirol R-09HR a run for it's money, the new $99 Zoom H1. You can hear the test here http://www.dvestore.com/news/5/RODE-Lavalier.html

I like the RODE lav because I can use with my Sony PCM10, the H1, my Sennheiser G3 or plug it directly into my mixer with the XLR micon. If you get a Micon for the RODE lav, make sure it's a Micon 2 as the 1 is also 3.5mm, but is locking and doesn't quite go down all the way on a portable recorder. The Sennheiser ME2 stock lav supplied with the wireless should recess enough for it to be plugged into a recorder.

Guy Cochran
DVcreators.net - DVeStore

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on Dec 26, 2010 at 4:41:35 pm

Thanks a lot for this, just ordered the adapter.

Happy Christmas,
Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]