FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera sound recording quality poor, Need advice on alternate ways to record.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Swithenbank
Camera sound recording quality poor, Need advice on alternate ways to record.
on Oct 21, 2010 at 11:52:49 pm

Hello this is my first time on the forum and the website. I'm making a film soon, but i only have a JVC Everio GZ-HM300SEK Camcorder and although the video quality is fine the audio is pretty poor. Basically i'm wanting to use a boom mic but as the camera dosen't have a attachment for boom mic i was wondering is there something i can hook the boom mic up too and then sync the audio up later, preferably something cheap and easy to use.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Camera sound recording quality poor, Need advice on alternate ways to record.
on Oct 22, 2010 at 3:51:47 am

Hello Robert,

What sort of audio input does the camera have?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Robert Swithenbank
Re: Camera sound recording quality poor, Need advice on alternate ways to record.
on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:40:08 am

i don't think it has any it has an earphone jack and that's about it, that's why i was wanting to record sound seperatly, like i said it's a pretty basic camera i was just wondering how i would go about recording sound sepratly then sync it with the film in post. Thank you Rob

Return to posts index

Robert Swithenbank
on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:04:23 pm

i don't think it has any it has an earphone jack and that's about it, that's why i was wanting to record sound seperatly, like i said it's a pretty basic camera, so if i used like an edirol with a shotgun mic would that be ok, http://www.digitalvoicerecorder.info/zoom-h2-handy-recorder

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Oct 22, 2010 at 3:00:22 pm

As the camera does not have audio inputs you will have to use a separate audio recording system. A common "basic" package popular with the indie crowd is the Zoom H4n and the Audio Technica AT875 shotgun. I would also recommend a hypercardioid like the Oktava mk-012 if you are doing a lot of shooting indoors. A step up for the audio recorder would be the Marantz PMD-661 or the Fostex FR2-LE, modified versions of which are available from Oade Brothers (which I would highly recommend).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]