FORUMS: list search recent posts

PA + Crowd noise mix

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Huubs
PA + Crowd noise mix
on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:37:40 pm

so I'm trying something I've never done before. I shoot local sporting events and produce a program like if you were watching football on a sunday morning. Usually my audio consists of what the cameras pick up from the ground level. This time I am going to take a direct feed from the PA system. Then I want to mix in the crowd noise from the other cameras. I have two options to do this. I can mix them together in Final Cut (which is video editing software, but contains audio tracks you can mess around with) or I can import the audio into Soundtrack (which is a audio prgram that came bundled with Final Cut). The obvious choice is to do it in the audio program, but I'm wondering if someone knows of better audio software that is more suited to this type of production. And I would need to run it on a MAC.

"Life's a pitch and then you buy."
-Billy Mays

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: PA + Crowd noise mix
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:55:45 am

I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to do this in Final Cut. There is no reason you should need to use a specialty audio application for something as simple as adding crowd noise to the PA mix.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: PA + Crowd noise mix
on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:17:22 pm

If you want to get a board mix, ask the board op if there is a free Aux send. If so, maybe he/she would be willing to give you a pre-fader send from those channels.

You could also try a true stereo microphone, if you're not using one already. That can enhance the feeling of being there VERY much, especially if listening through headphones or a surround sound system Look into X-Y and Mid-Side techniques and microphones.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]