FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mix Minus

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Mix Minus
on Oct 14, 2010 at 9:21:44 pm

My understanding is the following:

Main audio (microphone) goes into a Mic input.
Secondary audio (remote audio from a Tandberg audio codec, for example) goes into another input, and you turn the AUX knob for that channel to 0.
Then you take an AUX send back to your remote audio return input, so the caller does not hear his own audio, but hears everything else on the main mix.

Meanwhile the main mix contains all inputs, regardless of AUX settings, which goes to your record deck or PA or both.

Have I missed anything? Obviously I am interested in the theory in this post, not going to get into specific gear being used.

Thanks

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Mix Minus
on Oct 15, 2010 at 2:59:42 am

Hello Mike and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

It's late and I've had a heck of a day, but block diagram-wise, you've got it!

The mix-minus goes back down a phone line to the caller, without his/her audio.

I'm not sure how to decode your other statement: "Secondary audio (remote audio from a Tandberg audio codec, for example) goes into another input, and you turn the AUX knob for that channel to 0."

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Rodney Morris
Re: Mix Minus
on Oct 16, 2010 at 2:23:44 am

"Secondary audio (remote audio from a Tandberg audio codec, for example) goes into another input, and you turn the AUX knob for that channel to 0."

Correct. You can also use subgroups to create a mix minus, just remember: don't assign that subgroup to the main mix bus.

Rodney Morris
Freelance Sound Technician/Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]