FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tram lav clips?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Grizzle
Tram lav clips?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 8:19:11 pm

I've owned a Tram lavaliere for years. Unlike most, the Tram comes with a wide variety of mounts.

Until now, I've always used the alligator clip. I also understand the tie pin mount.

There are other mic clips included with the Tram which I've never used or seen used: two types of vampire clips, a foam windshield mount, and a clip atop a small leather strip.

Just wondering what applications these are useful for, and how to handle mic placement. For instance, I'm wondering how vampire clips are used. If they are stuck into something like fabric, what keeps them from falling off?

Return to posts index

Rob Forsythe
Re: Tram lav clips?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:18:00 pm

[Danny Grizzle] " two types of vampire clips, a foam windshield mount, and a clip atop a small leather strip."

One vampire clip is for the mic head, the other is for securing the cable.

The foam cover is a wind screen.

The leather clip can be used for sewing (or taping) into/onto a costume or other garment.

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:34:08 pm

How are the vampires attached? I see two short stubby needles...

Return to posts index

Rob Forsythe
on Oct 7, 2010 at 12:37:34 pm

How are the vampires attached? I see two short stubby needles...

Carefully catch the sharp ends of the needles into the talent's clothing, then (still carefully) slide the needles down into the cloth until the clip has a good grip.

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:10:28 pm

Try using the vampire clip to attach the mic to someone wearing a polo/collared shirt. You can fasten the vampire into the side of the collar near the opening of the shirt. Sometimes it's a good spot to put the mic, especially if you can't see it.

http://www.sam-mallery.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]