FORUMS: list search recent posts

Countryman E6/B6 and EMW for Zoom H2 recorders

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
Countryman E6/B6 and EMW for Zoom H2 recorders
on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:51:32 am

Hi,

I have had a few questions about this in the last year. "What lav can I put into a Zoom H2?" Hide the lav and recorder on the talent, shoot, sync the audio to the video in post.

Yesterday I was talking to people at Countryman about another mic matter. At the end of the conversation, I remembered the quest for a lav for the H2.

To my surprise, the E6/B6 and EMW mics can be plugged into the H2, but you only get audio on one track. In fact, if you try to bridge the input of the H2 to both inputs, you will suffer a 6 dB noise increase. One track may be enough for you.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Countryman E6/B6 and EMW for Zoom H2 recorders
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:34:31 pm

Hi Ty
Id add to that. If youre recording a single source (say 1 mic non stereo) then you should only ever attempt to use 1 leg or track of the recording (even if you can persuade the recorder to bridge the single input to the 2nd track) in the timeline and mix. better take 1 mono track and pan it centre, and increase the gain by =3db. This lessens the editing, as you only have 1 track, and eliminates the possibility of 1 leg slipping, creating potential phase issues in the mix, especially if monod by the listener.
Peter

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]