FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for an AU-Denoise ...

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthias Halibrand
looking for an AU-Denoise ...
on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:11:37 am

Hey dear Audio Guys,

I'm looking for an AU-Plugin with a simple denoiser for the old GarageBand06-Version which my sister uses on her old iBook, since her new microphone with which she does speech-recording has a tiny noise-level, and I thought, since I didn't find anything, I will just ask the soundguys over at the cow.
Up until now, she's always sending the edited recording to me and I'm doing the denoise in Audition, so for any ideas how to make her able to fish completely for herself I'd be greatful.

Regards,

Matthias

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: looking for an AU-Denoise ...
on Sep 28, 2010 at 1:55:44 pm

Hello Matthias,

Hearing a sample would help.

Any noise reduction I know does leave its own signature; some sort of audible artifact.

My suggestion would be to solve the problem at the origin instead of trying to fix it in postproduction. Better mic, quieter location, better acoustic properties.

I don't know of any 3rd party NR plug ins for GB, but they may well exist. Perhaps someone can toss in here.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Matthias Halibrand
on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:25:29 pm

Hey Ford,

it's really not a bad bad noise, just what you get when you have a decent mic and a quit location and then listen very carefully. I by now found a free Noise-Gate AU called Zimple-Gate, which I will test, but it looks as if this is exactly what is needed.

Thanks for your answer,

Matthias

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 28, 2010 at 4:40:17 pm

excellent, please tell us how that works for you!

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]