FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edirol R-09 Low Headphone Output

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Edirol R-09 Low Headphone Output
on Sep 27, 2010 at 10:51:27 pm

Hi Everybody,

I recently got hold of a Edirol R-09 as it seemed on of the best solid state recording whitch uses 3.5MM Jacks and can do line in and microphone in well.

Problem is the headphone output is VERY low or maybe not working atall. It seems a lot lower than even the Sony Z1 Camcorder (which has a reputasion of being low). I have the Headphone volume up at 100. When I play back it is OK but monitoring recording I can hear anything;(.

Any idea what is hging on? Is This a known issue?

Regards,
Ben

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Edirol R-09 Low Headphone Output
on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:56:28 pm

"I recently got hold of a Edirol R-09 as it seemed on of the best solid state recording whitch uses 3.5MM Jacks and can do line in and microphone in well."

Hello Ben. I guess the "solid state" eliminates the Sound Devices 744T, but the headphone amp has plenty of output and a 1/8" headphone jack.

Problem is the headphone output is VERY low or maybe not working atall. It seems a lot lower than even the Sony Z1 Camcorder (which has a reputasion of being low). I have the Headphone volume up at 100. When I play back it is OK but monitoring recording I can hear anything;(.

If you haven't tried Sony MDR 7506 headphones, get a pair. They are about the most sensitive headphones put there. AKG 240 are about the least sensitive.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
Re: Edirol R-09 Low Headphone Output
on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:16:20 pm

Ty,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to find out if this was
a know issue with the R-09. I have a look around and there are lots of these Headphones on eBay for under £50 but I get these are cheap Hong Kong copies.

Regards,
Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]