FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser.com and legacy products

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Sennheiser.com and legacy products
on Sep 21, 2010 at 7:21:27 pm

Just want to share an experience (aka "rant"). I went looking for tech info on a slightly old wireless set on the Sennheiser.com website. A search using their own internal search engine did not find it. For awhile, I assumed that Sennheiser was simply hanging its older customers out to dry. When I looked for the newest model of the same line (ew100 g3 vs. ew100 g2) it was easy as pie to find.

Eventually, I did find the tech info. But you have to know exactly how to locate it - "Service & Support - download area."

Here's my humble request to all the vendors out there: if you have a search engine on your website, don't restrict it to the currently-selling inventory. When I'm looking for tech info, it's usually because I want an answer urgently, often on location. So please - make it easy to find.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Sennheiser.com and legacy products
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:19:25 am

Thanks Bob,

I have forwarded your request to the admin offices of Sennheiser USA.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 22, 2010 at 1:54:05 pm

Update from Sennheiser USA...

"Thank you. The web complaint has already been escalated to Germany. If you don't mind, will you redirect this fellow to our http://www.sennheiserusa.com site? We are a little better at archiving the older stuff and the search for it is better."

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:29:09 pm

Wow, Ty. I was just baying at the moon, but you talked to it.

sennheiserusa.com is indeed the way to go. It took me two seconds to find the link on that site, as opposed to (embarrassing number of minutes) on the other site.

Thanks Ty. And thanks to the USA Sennheiser folks.

Now I don't want to bash the Germans. Where they put the link on the other site makes perfect sense, and I SHOULD have figured it out rather than assume that the information was missing just because it wasn't indexed in their search engine. This is gross national stereotyping, but whenever I have a problem with German anything, it is usually because of some inadequacy on my part.

Anecdote: we visited a son who was working in Germany and then took him to Italy for a week. We had a great time, but our son experienced a bit of culture shock with Italy (strikes, delays, general disorder - charming and delightful to me of course). Our last stop was Florence, where we boarded an overnight German train, for the trip back to Stuttgart. When our son settled into our perfectly neat clean compartment, and the train took off at the precise instant it was scheduled, he looked at us and said, "I liked Italy. But it'll be nice to be back in Germany."

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]