FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser Lav Mic Audio Issues

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Myers
Sennheiser Lav Mic Audio Issues
on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:01:38 pm

I am a student learning video, and I have a Sennheiser EW100G lavalier microphone. My question is, even after going through the manual and trying to set up the mic the way it recommends, my audio sounds clipped in the upper ranges. At first, I thought it might be that the signal to the camera was too hot, but even after turning it down to -18 db I still have a problem (I turned down the signal on both the Sennheiser and on my camera).

When I open up the audio file, it looks as though it is not necessarily clipped, but rather that there is some sort of volume governor kind of a thing, like in a car when it cuts off your speed past a certain point (see image).

Anyway, I don't know if I am making a rookie mistake or what, but I am hoping that someone here will recognize this problem and be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

Hugh

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
Re: Sennheiser Lav Mic Audio Issues
on Sep 20, 2010 at 8:31:00 pm

You can adjust the sensitivity on the Sennheiser EW100 on both the transmitter and the receiver. It sounds like you may have turned down the sensitivity in the receiver, but if the audio is still clipping in the transmitter, it will sound bad (even though the waveform isn't out of control).

Did you adjust the transmitter as well?

http://www.sam-mallery.com

Return to posts index

Hugh Myers
Re: Sennheiser Lav Mic Audio Issues
on Sep 20, 2010 at 9:02:12 pm

Sam,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I did adjust the sensitivity on both the transmitter and the receiver.

Is there something else that it could be? I don't think the equipment is bad, because it isn't really that old.

Thanks,

Hugh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]