FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mackie Onyx 820i Firewire mixer - audio not sending from Mac

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Nielsen
Mackie Onyx 820i Firewire mixer - audio not sending from Mac
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:12:33 pm

I have just set up a Mackie Onyx 820i Firewire mixer connected to my Mac Pro and out to two Mackie MR8 Studio monitors. I cannot get any audio to send to the mixer.

The driver is installed and it is showing up under the Audio Inputs in system preferences and in the Audio Midi Setup.

Thanks.

Michael Nielsen
Director of Photography / Editor
SPARK
http://www.sparkbrand.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Mackie Onyx 820i Firewire mixer - audio not sending from Mac
on Aug 28, 2010 at 9:50:23 pm

Do you have any other FW devices connected at the same time? While Macs may have a number of FW ports, there is only one FW controller. So, often only one device will work. While drives can often be daisy-chained, devices like your mixer may not be happy with any other FW drive connected. Try only connecting the mixer and see what happens.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Dianne Finch-Claydon
on Dec 10, 2010 at 5:49:11 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issue! John, sound like I can only hook up to one firewire port then? So that means my typical workflow - where I use a firewire production drive, can't work...

How do I daisy chain so that I can use a production drive and the Mackie Onyx 820i?

When I spoke to Mackie- the guy there told me that my operating system had to be rolled back.. He also said that I shouldn't need a driver at all for a Mac Pro because it should recognize it right away...

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks so much,
Dianne Finch
Multimedia Manager
MIT KSJ

Multimedia Manager
Knight Science Journalism Fellowships at MIT

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Dec 11, 2010 at 5:05:17 pm

If the mixer works with only it connected to the FW port, then purchase a FW pci card and use that 2nd FW port with your drive. If the mixer doesn't connect by itself, then Mackie may be right. What OS are you using?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]