FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to understand music concert Tech Rider.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anandabrata ghosh
Need to understand music concert Tech Rider.
on Aug 27, 2010 at 8:06:45 am

Hi All,

I am new to live music performance organizing. I was going through a few Tech Riders from bands having difficulty to understand a few terms. I am putting down the terms below and look forward for your help.

1. Rack 1 - SH604 - Gate3/ Gate 2
2. For each input item on the list it says Group 1/2 e.g.
Snare Top - SM57 - Compressor1 - Group 1/2. What does the group stand for?

It will be helpful incase you can provide links for the equipment..viz SM57 is a Shure Mic.

Regards

Regards,
Anand

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Need to understand music concert Tech Rider.
on Aug 28, 2010 at 12:43:19 am

What you are reading is "tech short hand"
Let me answer your original question,
1. SH604 > This would perhaps be a Euphonics SH604 noise gate in rack frame 1.
2. Most mixing desks have grouping either 4,8,16. these allow sections of the mix to be "grouped" together and then controlled as a single block rather than individual mics, and the two numbers refers to which group and how the panning may be assigned.

In audio many / most items are referred to as model numbers rather than by maker.
At times the language that audio people use may seem quite foreign but most occupations have their own abbreviated terminology.

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

anandabrata ghosh
on Aug 28, 2010 at 7:30:26 pm

Hi Brian,

Really appreciate the explanation.

1. For the SH604. I had tried looking up the SH604 on the Euphonix site. But couldn't locate the same. Is there anything particular that i should be looking for more info about the noise gate.

And does the rack frame mean a rack mixer right.

2.One more question, what is a GEL for a guitarist?

And yes I have asked for their number :).

Regards,
Anand

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Aug 28, 2010 at 11:37:18 pm

I can't give you an exact answer on those questions, I suspect some form of abbreviation.

My advice is to look, learn, ask questions, listen if you go into a job with an open mind and a friendly attitude its amazing what you come away with.

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

John Livings
on Sep 13, 2010 at 3:18:29 am

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/equipment_sales_hire.asp?equipstr=4J7FC3P43WSD_23&mod...

I don't if that is of any help.

Regards, John

P.S. I would Not hesitate to email or call and ask them to explain all the abbreviations to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]