FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Streaming Question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mozafarian
Audio Streaming Question
on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:48:55 pm

Hello,

I am going to be live video streaming a sporting event. We are going to have 2 commentators announcing and I want to be able to stream their audio as well. Is there I way I can plug into their soundboard and wirelessly transmit the audio to my camera. Similar to what you would do with a lavaliere mic?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Audio Streaming Question
on Aug 19, 2010 at 9:12:46 pm

Hello Faraz and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Sure, just figure out the gozintas/gozoutas of their console and your camera.

Why bother to go wireless? I'd stay hardwired just to make life simple. If you MUST be wireless, even a Sennheiser G3 can work. If they only have line out, you needs to get an adapter cable to handle that.

Get everything well in advance of the broadcast so you can play with it and make sure everything works correctly.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Aug 19, 2010 at 9:24:03 pm

Thanks Ty.

I want to go wireless because we will be on a boat and the announcers will be on land. I will test everything out and let you know if we run into any problems.

Thanks Again!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:07:52 pm

Depending on how far you are from shore, you may need high gain antennas for the wireless to be reliable. As Ty suggests, be sure to test this ship-to-shore in advance of your event.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]