FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are there any drawbacks to the Zoom h1?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denny Barnes
Are there any drawbacks to the Zoom h1?
on Jul 27, 2010 at 10:04:13 pm

Hey, guys, first post here. I was wondering if there are any real drawbacks to the Zoom h1 either in post or production? I see it records in both mp3 and wav and doesn't have xlr input which is a bummer, but it's $200 less than it's big brother. I am prepping for a doc and am working on a micro budget straight to dvd narrative in October and I am on a tight budget. Thanks a lot...

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Are there any drawbacks to the Zoom h1?
on Jul 28, 2010 at 12:23:32 am

Hello Denny and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

At some point you learn that you can't afford to buy cheap. If no one gives you an answer, go for it and please let us know what happens.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:35:06 am

That's such a new model that it's hard to say what the real drawbacks are. No one has used it yet.

But the Zoom H1 will definitely have the same drawbacks that every other piece of audio equipment on the planet will have. If the microphones are physically too far away from the sound source (I.E. right next to it), then the audio will sound distant. If the microphones are outdoors and not protected from the wind, then it will sound distorted.

http://www.sam-mallery.com

Return to posts index

Tom Maloney
on Jul 29, 2010 at 2:08:12 am

You nailed it TY ! I just got my first 702T. All I can say is wow makes me wonder why anyone would record audio to any video camera, what a differnce. Now all I have to do is convince people shooting to 5D and 7Ds that they should go to a 2 system and just use the cameras audio for a scratch track.
Later
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]