FORUMS: list search recent posts

small venue PA system

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
small venue PA system
on Jul 2, 2010 at 9:13:42 pm

Looking to buy a small venue PA system. Inputs for 1 - 2 mics and an iPod is all that is required. Checking out Samson's EXL250 portable PA system versus a pair of Behringer EUROLIVE B212D active PA speakers. The Samson system has a 250 watt amp in 1 speaker and the 2nd speaker serves as a "slave."
Whereas each Behringer speaker has its own amp. The Samson also has a built in dock for an iPod and the Behringers do not. Any recommendations out there?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: small venue PA system
on Jul 3, 2010 at 2:38:00 am

Hello Keith and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

If the venue has seated people, I like the Fishman SoloAmp. I bought one a year or so ago for small venues. Two mic/lin inputs plus an aux for your player.

35 pounds complete with stand and bag with wheels. 220 watts. Lots of gozints/gozoutas and plenty of low end.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: small venue PA system
on Jul 9, 2010 at 7:27:51 am

You've determined what you need...for now. What about in the future? Do you ever plan on expanding or renting out your system?

You need to provide a budget, too. Shape your budget to your needs, NOT the other way around.

I think it may be best to invest in quality powered speakers (QSC K-series, for example) and buy a mixer with the inputs that you need. You can always buy a larger mixer and the speakers can be used in various capacities from mains to monitors.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]