FORUMS: list search recent posts

evolution G2 mic dual hot shoe mounts

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
evolution G2 mic dual hot shoe mounts
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:06:00 pm

I don't know if I saw these before, and I can't find them on the web. I have 2 sennheiser G2 evolution wireless mic systems for eng work and would like to mount both receivers on the camera. Is there a dual "hot shoe" adapter that you can mount 2 mics that goes onto the hot shoe adapter of most cameras?

Ideas anyone?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: evolution G2 mic dual hot shoe mounts
on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:30:01 am

Hello Nelson and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Two words...gaffer's tape! :)

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
John Moore
on Jun 25, 2010 at 7:21:50 pm

Try either of these:
Rycote 037303 Hot Shoe Extension Bar
ROWA Hot shoe Extention Bar

John Moore
sound.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Jun 25, 2010 at 8:06:50 pm

I can't find the specs anywhere on the ROWA. The Rycote looks a bit sturdier, but it is 4 inches wide. That is not a lot of room. It would actually be nice to pack a light between two mics with a manfrotto extension for the light.

Let me know if you know anything about the ROWA in width.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Doug Osborn
on Jul 3, 2010 at 8:33:17 pm

Try Barber Tech video products. They used to make a hot-shoe tri-mount adapter, I'm not sure if it is still available. Sorry, I don't remember the exact part number. We've used it successfully with up to three Sennheiser evolution receivers mounted on it. Barber Tech's toll-free number is 1.877.887.6388. They may possibly still have a few left in their warehouse.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]