FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Audio Markers from Tascam Recorder

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Vanderheide
Import Audio Markers from Tascam Recorder
on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:59:20 pm

I tried this post on the Final Cut Pro forum, but thought I should throw it out here too.

Anybody have any experience recording audio with a Tascam DR-680 digital recorder? I am trying to figure out if I can set a "mark" during recording, and make that mark show up in Final Cut Pro when editing. Not sure if there is any metadata here, or if it only works within the Tascam playback functions.

Thanks!

Mac Pro
2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
5 GB 667 MHz DDR FB-DIMM

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Import Audio Markers from Tascam Recorder
on Jun 16, 2010 at 10:31:00 am

In the absence of any other replies. ive no real idea if markers can be transferred, but id really doubt it.
Peter

Peter

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jun 16, 2010 at 11:44:16 am

I don't know the answer either, but if the metadata is in the files, it can be extracted. Perhaps not by FCP, but at least trough a few other tricks.

Do send me an example file, i'd like to have a look.
(my mail adress is on my site, if it's too large, just send me a mail and i'll give you my dropbox)

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:06:06 pm

Hello Steve and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Depending on the number of marks, couldn't you just make another cut while recording? The Sound Devices 744T lets you hit the record button while in record to increment a new file.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:05:52 pm

I just asked a friend of mine who uses a Tascam DAW about this. He doesn't own a DR-680, but says on his system the markers are in a proprietary format recognized by Tascam machines. There is a good chance the DR-680 is the same. The DR-680 does have a Divide feature, though, so you could place markers on the recorder and, before transferring your audio to FCP, cycle through the markers and Divide at those points. You'd get separate files, cut at your marker points. Or you could just use Divide while taping instead of markers to begin with.

IHTH

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]