FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser ENG SET ew122-p setup

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maurito Zarate
Sennheiser ENG SET ew122-p setup
on Jun 15, 2010 at 9:24:37 am

Hallo guys,
I've recently bought a Sennheiser ENG SET ew122-p but I have problems with Levalier cardioid clip-on microphone M4.
Ricever EK 100 G3 is ok with Af out 0Db.

SK 100 G3 bodypack transmitter is ok with "Sensibility" -18Db

but...

EK 100 G3 Reciever linked with Levalier clip-on microphhone M4 is really noisy, like a omnidirectional microphone...
I've checked the EK 100 G3 set up and "Sensibility" value was -30 Db... I've turned this value to -18 Db like SK 100 G3 but I don't know if is a good o right solution. Have you had experience with Sennheiser Kit?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Sennheiser ENG SET ew122-p setup
on Jun 15, 2010 at 12:40:26 pm

Hello Maurito and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

The sensitivity (not sensibility) of the transmitter needs to be set to match that of the microphone and how loud the person is speaking. There's an AF (audio level) meter on the transmitter. Set the sensitivity so the level shows properly on the transmitter audio meter.

If you set that control too high, as you appear to have, the results may be noise. (hiss) because you have to turn up following stages too high to make up for the earlier misadjustment.

I don't know what to say about the cardioid mic pattern sounding like an omni. Perhaps you expect too much. Cardioid omnis are specialty mics. They are pretty sensitive to pops and wind and you have to mount them on the talent carefully so the mic is pointed at the mouth. Any variation from that and the mic is not hearing something other than the talent. As you turn the mic up to make the voice louder, you hear a lot of everything else.

REgards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jun 19, 2010 at 5:03:17 am

...EK 100 G3 Reciever linked with Levalier clip-on microphhone M4 is really noisy...

Make sure you have the microphone plugged into the transmitter and not the receiver (sounds dumb, but I've seen it before).

Next, use this online tool and find out what frequencies work for your area. Change your settings to reflect the open channels. If you're in another country, you can easily find it on Sennheiser's website.

Make sure that the input you are plugging the receiver into is set for Line Level, NOT Mic Level.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 19, 2010 at 1:14:51 pm

Jordan,

Can you get ANYTHING out of the mic input of the transmitter if you plug the mic into the receiver output?

That seems utterly bizarre!

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]