FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound effects and music library browsing

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sacha Sojic
Sound effects and music library browsing
on Jun 4, 2010 at 8:38:20 pm

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a Mac application that facilitates browsing and searching of sound effects and music libraries. I'm finding it difficult to search through terabytes of foley and sound effects if I can't easily bring up the waveform and play out a portion of the track. For a Final Cut editor there must be something better than Apple's Soundtrack Pro to do this?

Thanks,

S. Sojic
Montreal, Quebec

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
Re: Sound effects and music library browsing
on Jun 5, 2010 at 11:11:26 am

[Sacha Sojic] "I'm finding it difficult to search through terabytes of foley and sound effects if I can't easily bring up the waveform and play out a portion of the track. "

Bring up the waveform from what source?

Return to posts index

Sacha Sojic
on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:34:39 pm

I have a complete 2Tb disk full of sound effects and music for use in my edits. I'm simply looking for an app that will facilitate searching and listening to tracks. I like to be able to rapidly see the waveform of a track so I can pinpoint hits, highs and lows. I guess I'm looking for a browsing utility for sound editors. Does that make any sense?

S. Sojic
Montreal, Quebec

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Antonis Tsoukatos
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:17:07 pm

AudioFinder is relatively cheap and will defitely do what you're after:

http://www.icedaudio.com/

Soundminer is the choice of the pros. Terribly more expensive and it does a lot more than what you describe you're after. But it's there if you want to have a look

http://www.soundminer.com/SM_Site/Home.html

But for a temporary and budget-concious solution iTunes can do the trick. Launching iTunes while pressig the alt key gives you the option of working with multiple libraries. So, you could have a library for all your library tracks and separate for all the SFX. The searching facility is there and by utilising tags one can achieve a lot. But not that snappy and of course there is no waveform view option.

Return to posts index

Sacha Sojic
on Jun 8, 2010 at 4:24:55 am

That's fantastic Antonis. AudioFinder does the trick perfectly. Thanks for the heads up.

Best,

S. Sojic
Montreal, Quebec

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]