FORUMS: list search recent posts

Headphones from Mixer Aux's ?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Livings
Headphones from Mixer Aux's ?
on May 14, 2010 at 6:06:47 am

Hi All,

I want to feed 5 or 6 headphones from an Audio Mixer, Using 1 of the Aux sends to a Sub-Mixer, Then to the headphones (All 6 of them).

I will use 1 of the mic inputs of the Audio Mixer (SoundCraft GB-2R-16) and send that signal to a Sub-mixer of some kind, Thru 1 of the Aux Sends.

The headphones are to be worn by the Crew (Cameras/Lights) They stay in one place through out the Show, And do not need to talk.

The questions are;

What adaptors should I use to get sound in both sides of the Headphones? (Dual Mono)

Is there a Headphone Mixer that would work better and take up 1 rack space? (I would need it to allow at least 1 mic in, and 4-6 headphone outputs, With everyone hearing the same thing) under $200.00 would be good

The Aux out of the Mixer is an XLR connection, And is only sending a signal to the Left ear of the Headphones. I am using a XLR F to a 1/4" TRS plugged into the Board, Then I went from the 1/4" TRS end to a F to F "Barrel coupling" And then plug the 1/4" headphone into the coupling.

I only get sound in the Left side of the headphones.

Thanks, John

Sorry for this long request

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Headphones from Mixer Aux's ?
on May 14, 2010 at 7:18:15 am

Here are some headphone amps that might be suitable for your needs...
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/HA8000.aspx
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=99&brandID=2
The actual connections would need to be worked for the unit used.
Maybe a local hire company would have something similar?

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

John Livings
Re: Headphones from Mixer Aux's ?
on May 14, 2010 at 5:50:34 pm

Thanks Brian,

I ordered the HA-8000 from B&H, It looks like what I need and what I can afford.
(Under $130.00 Shipped)

Regards, John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]