FORUMS: list search recent posts

From FCP to Protools

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Sales
From FCP to Protools
on May 14, 2010 at 12:08:26 am

Hello guys. I'm almost done Picture Editing a feature. Sometime soon I will be sending our Sound Editor the OMFs for Pro Tools.

I have sent OMFs through Digitranslator before but I have never had this much material. I currently have 14 Audio tracks. How many tracks can an OMF handle at one time and what is the easiest work flow for getting her everything in as few steps as possible through.

Also, what is the best picture resolution to export for her Video Source?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: From FCP to Protools
on May 14, 2010 at 4:32:31 pm

[Barry Sales] "I currently have 14 Audio tracks. How many tracks can an OMF handle at one time and what is the easiest work flow for getting her everything in as few steps as possible through."

The OMF can have all of your audio tracks. If you run into the 2GB limit, the best option is to break up the OMF into two (or more) sections by timecode. The resulting OMF files can easily be reassembled in one Pro Tools session using Match Tracks.

[Barry Sales] "Also, what is the best picture resolution to export for her Video Source?"

If she's using a Mojo or other Firewire device for video display, then use DV codec (720x480). If she's using a Decklink Extreme, then use Apple ProRes (up to 1920x1080).

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
Re: From FCP to Protools
on May 14, 2010 at 8:17:09 pm

Thanks, I know those questions were somewhat basic but I don't know much about the communication between Picture and Sound. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]