FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crackling Noise

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Feese
Crackling Noise
on May 5, 2010 at 9:51:32 pm

We are in the finishing touches of a 30 minute short film and have encountered a troubling issue with a "noise crackling" that occurs after I drop a music track (AIFF) into the timeline. The music was originally conceived in Sonar (PC), then eventually made it's way down to me as a AIFF.

After some preliminary research regarding this issue, it would appear that this may be a common problem with PC and Macs trying to marry, yet I am under a bit of deadline here and wonder if there is any one who HAS HAD EXPERIENCE with this issue; not theories. And who has ultimately been able to resolve the issue.

I am editing in FCP (Mac G5 Power Mac) for what it may be worth.

David Michael
Diamond Horse Productions
Las Vegas, NV

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
Re: Crackling Noise
on May 5, 2010 at 10:58:18 pm

Here are some things to try:

check to make sure the music sample rate is the same as in your session, that can cause issues. Known issue with older FCP versions.

try opening the music file in sound track or another audio editor on your mac to see if it plays cleanly.

try having the music exported in a regular .wav file and import that.

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Designs
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on May 6, 2010 at 1:17:09 pm

Is the cracking you refer to, a mild clicking in the track or a cracking. if its more of a cracking sound, is it possible that its way too hot (high level) and the cracks are where youre over modding the sound card / speakers?
just an idea

Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on May 6, 2010 at 1:19:35 pm

Is the noise you refer to, a mild clicking in the track or a cracing. if its more of a cracing sound, is it possible that its way too hot (high level) and the noises are where youre over modding the sound card / speakers?
just an idea

Peter

Nb I can spell the word cracing, but the use of the correctly spelled word trips the profanity conrtol filter and stops the mail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]