FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marantz PMD661 problem

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Clayton
Marantz PMD661 problem
on Apr 27, 2010 at 10:13:53 pm

Hi, I have a Marantz PMD661 Field recorder which refuses to show recorded files from the sdhc card
on my Mac running Snow Leopard. The files show up on a PC so I know they are there but the card appears empty on the Mac?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Aidan

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Marantz PMD661 problem
on Apr 30, 2010 at 1:58:08 am

Hello AIden,

Early Adopter's Disease? Have you tried it on another Mac not running snow leopard?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Aidan Clayton
on Apr 30, 2010 at 6:40:27 am

Hi, I don't know anyone without snow leopard. The OS and Field recorder have been around for a year so not really an early adopter.

Return to posts index

Daniel Makagon
on Jun 3, 2010 at 11:26:24 pm

For whatever reason the Mac puts a Spotlight folder on the SD card. Your files are probably saved in that Spotlight folder. Transfer them from the Spotlight folder to the MPLANG folder on the Marantaz itself and then you will be able to read them. After you finish transferring your files. Wipe the entire card clean and re-format it. Then before you plug it back into your computer, record a short file that you can keep in the MPLANG folder (I named mine DONOTDELETE) at all times. This will insure that all future recordings go straight to the MPLANG folder after the Mac creates another Spotlight folder. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]