FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picked up a beating heart

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Nicastro
Picked up a beating heart
on Apr 27, 2010 at 1:53:27 pm

I was shooting an interview in very quiet room and because of the clothing my talent was wearing, the lapel microphone was placed just about right over her heart. During her interview, and this is without turning up the level or the volume of my monitors, I could hear her heart beating. It won't be a problem during my final mix because there will be music under which will drown it out. This is a first for me and I just thought I had to share it. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Picked up a beating heart
on Apr 27, 2010 at 3:19:53 pm

I have heard of it before. Especially with people who have replacement (especially mechanical) heart valves. (Or maybe the subject was particularly apprehensive about the appearance? :-)

Return to posts index

Eric Nicastro
on Apr 27, 2010 at 3:25:58 pm

The funny thing is she was about 20-21 years old and showed no signs of being nervous about being on camera. I knew my microphones were sensitive, but not this sensitive!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Apr 27, 2010 at 6:21:04 pm

It is also possible that she could have an undetected medical problem. People of that age don't necessarily get medical checkups on a regular basis because they are typically healthy.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Apr 28, 2010 at 12:12:06 pm

One of the female weather presenters I've worked with at the TV station it was an every day thing. The mic was on the left lapel just at the best spot for when she turned to camera. You could only hear it in a quiet room. I mentioned it to friends and it became the source of many laughs over the years. She is now working for another network and its still there to be heard.
Hi Jane R.... ;) (not that I would expect she would be reading this forum).

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 29, 2010 at 7:49:23 pm

Yep, heartbeats, pacemakers, bowel sounds,

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]