FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speakers advise

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Reed
Speakers advise
on Apr 2, 2010 at 3:13:51 am

I'm looking for a quality pair of speakers or 2.1 speakers. I use headphones most of the time, but when people are in the office I would like to have quality sound coming out instead of the built in speakers.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Speakers advise
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:20:11 pm

Hello Jim and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Budget?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jim Reed
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:32:43 pm

I really haven't set a budget, but probably under $1000.00. I would think there's something out there for this amount or less that would have quality sound.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:51:49 pm

Jim,

My studio monitors are powered Event Opals for $3K a pair. That's quality sound.

I also use this bose system with my laptop and have been very happy. http://tinyurl.com/yl6phej

Sound field is nicely diffuse and "surroundy" with the right sources. It's a USB connection to the computer or the mini 1/8" TRS jack if you're not using USB.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Return to posts index

Jim Reed
on Apr 2, 2010 at 3:06:06 pm

I almost bought that very Bose setup yesterday. I have a Bose sound docking station as well as their headphones. I have no complaints on either. I really like the control feature and head phone plug in for the Bose that you mentioned.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Apr 2, 2010 at 2:31:50 pm

Small speakers, powered, decent, cheap: M Audio StudioPro

Small speakers, powered, really great, with sub, more expensive: Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1

I have experience with both and the Blue Skys sound amazing, the M-Audios are decent. Quite a bang for the buck either way.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Apr 2, 2010 at 5:31:13 pm

Monitors are like politics -everyone has an opinion.

My opinion is the best value is the KRK line. Even the budget series sound accurate, and the VXT are really sweet (for the money). I've got a pair right beside my Genelec 8050s and they hold up well.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.2 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:10:07 pm

http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/studio/studio-monitors/buying-guide.php

OSX 10.5.7; MAC Book PRO (EARLY 2008); Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30, Sony vx2000/PD170, Canon xl2; Pana, Sony, and Canon consumer cams; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:59:53 pm

Thanks Craig,

There are others, of course, but I'm sure Chuck Surack @ Sweetwater appreciates the mention.

Regards,

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]