FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a Sony Headphone for Video PMW EX1

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pushpanatha de Silva
Looking for a Sony Headphone for Video PMW EX1
on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:44:08 am

Hi

I am looking for a good pair of professional head phones (Sony preferred) for my Sony Video Camera, PMW EX1. What do u think about Sony MDR-V700DJ. I could hear little bit outside noise in that when I wore. I am looking for a pair for which I may not hear any sound/noise created outside. Any ideas/thoughts of finding a good pair. Thx.

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Looking for a Sony Headphone for Video PMW EX1
on Mar 21, 2010 at 3:36:59 am

Greetings,

If you want noise cancelling headphones I would go with the Remote Audio HN-7506. These headphones use the same parts as the Sony-7506 headphones. I have not used them but, they're made to cut out most outside sound.

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Mar 21, 2010 at 7:19:20 am

Depends on how much ambient noise you have to deal with. The "workhorse" of the industry (at least in the Western Hemisphere) is the Sony MDR-7506. There is a high-noise version made by Remote Audio which takes the 7506 guts and puts them into a pair of David Clark ear protectors. (Same kind of ear protection worn on the flight-deck of aircraft carriers, etc.)

NEVER (Never, never!) use "noise cancelling" headphones for serious audio RECORDING. They lie to you about what you are recording. They are fine for casual recreational listening to pre-recorded music, etc. but they are NEVER suitable for serious professional recording.

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on Mar 21, 2010 at 8:18:34 am

Thx vm 4 ur advice...Is anyone experience with Sony MDR-V700DJ ?? to work with Sony PMW EX1 pro video camera..looking for better quality headphones upto US$170 (or around A$250. Thx.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:13:56 am

Hello Pushpanatha de Silva and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum

I think you have your answer; Sony MDR 7506. If you want more isolation and smoother response try the MDR 7509.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Pushpanatha de Silva
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:24:25 am

I have to check with Sony Australia to c whether this model is available here..Thx 4 ur advice. Ur help is much appreciated...Pushpa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]