FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outdoor Video shoot

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaye Woods
Outdoor Video shoot
on Mar 18, 2010 at 7:08:23 pm

I have an outdoor video shoot tomorrow. I have filmed outside before and realized during editing that the lav picked up the birds as well (including crows which aren't pleasant to listen to). Are there any methods that are used so the mic won't pick this up?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Outdoor Video shoot
on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:21:49 pm

The closer you get the mic is to the talent's mouth the lower the ambient sounds will be in relation to the voice. However, you will still hear some background ambience. Does the audience see that the person's outside? What about the cows? If they see them, they'll accept the sound of them. If for some reason you absolutely need to eliminate all ambient sounds you'll have to do ADR in post.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Outdoor Video shoot
on Mar 19, 2010 at 3:02:42 am

Hello Kaye and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

John has some good advice. I'd ad that it sounds like you have an unworkable location. This happens.
Find one with out noisy birds (or cows).

Or scare the birds off.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]