FORUMS: list search recent posts

Location mixing/recording Workshop

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dana Mroczek
Location mixing/recording Workshop
on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:56:20 pm

Does anyone know of a location sound mixing/recording workshop offered in the USA? They seem to be all over the UK but I have been unable to find one here in the United States. Any suggestions would be great Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Location mixing/recording Workshop
on Mar 11, 2010 at 8:18:51 pm

Hi Dana,

Check out http://www.equipmentemporium.com. They are a great resource for production sound mixing. You now have to pay to access their articles and tutorials but, trust me...it's well worth it. They may also be able to help you find seminars and workshops.

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

Dana Mroczek
on Mar 11, 2010 at 9:05:45 pm

Thank you David I will check it out!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 12, 2010 at 3:33:00 am

Hi Dana,

I do them from time to time here in Baltimore at my studio. Where are you?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Dana Mroczek
on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:45:34 pm

I am in northern Indiana. what is you workshop like?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 12, 2010 at 6:29:12 pm

Hi Dana,

The workshop is usually a one afternoon deal 4-5 hours. Because many of the problems are gear-specific, It's a "bring your gear so we can see/hear what problems you're having and while we're at it, I'll show you some other neat location audio tips, answer your questions about the craft, explain why what you think should work doesn't and show you how to do it, or show you that what you want to do defies the laws of physics...or, more typically, your budget.

It's been a couple of years since I've done one because I've just been too busy.

It was after the second workshop that I published this:
http://web.mac.com/tyreeford/Site/Ty_Ford_Audio_Bootcamp_Field_Guide.html

Right now, I'm working on a new book; what to do with the audio once you get it in the computer.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Mar 13, 2010 at 7:49:12 am

Ty, if you're ever going to host a workshop like that again, please let me know. I'd love to attend, since I'm not too far away. Heck, I can make a day of it!

To the OP: where in Northern IN are you? I went to college in Huntington, IN (46750) for broadcasting but got extensively involved in the film and post-production side of things in the last couple of years there...all focusing on audio. Maybe I can refer you to some people/places if you're close. Let me know via this forum or e-mail, if you'd like.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]