FORUMS: list search recent posts

A site like Youtube for audio files?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Pearl
A site like Youtube for audio files?
on Mar 5, 2010 at 7:40:56 pm

Is anyone aware of a site like Youtube that will allow you to upload and share audio files?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Hall
Re: A site like Youtube for audio files?
on Mar 6, 2010 at 1:05:36 am

Hi Rick,

I've uploaded some clips for others to use at Freesound.org - http://www.freesound.org/

There are some gems there and some awful junk, too, but it's nice to find the occasional sound effect clip there.

Cheers,

Stephen H

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Mar 6, 2010 at 3:13:37 am

Thanks for the reminder. I had checked out freesound back when it was just getting started, but it is much improved since I saw it last.

Note that freesound appears to be expressly for SFX and explicitly NOT for music. And furthermore, their charter is to host only material that is free of copyright ownership (which would exclude most music as well.)

OTOH there seem to be lots of people who post clips to YouTube which are essentially audio files with a fixed image for "video". And YouTube apparently handles the copyright issue itself, i.e. it doesn't exclude material which is very clearly copyright protected, and not owned by the person who posted the clip.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Mar 8, 2010 at 1:17:43 am

Take a look below. I've used stuff from there for a number of (past) student films.

http://www.soundjay.com/

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Adam Johnson
on Mar 8, 2010 at 8:46:43 pm

Actually you can use Youtube.com to post audio files .. though as ".movs" of course. Most folks out there know how to rip the audio off the video. And, if you let them know you are sharing in the description section then they most likely will. For the image of the video just use a jpeg logo or photo of yourself ... obviously good to get your name out there

Return to posts index

Daniel May-Miller
on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:40:54 pm

Tried to post this earlier but didn't work...

soundcloud.com is what you want!

check it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]