FORUMS: list search recent posts

Err Card 2 message on Marantz PMD 661

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Whiteley
Err Card 2 message on Marantz PMD 661
on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:56:43 pm

Hi there,

I recently bought a 4GB flash memory card for my Marantz field recorder so I could record for longer in uncompressed .wav format (the original 1GB memory card that came with the device only allowed me to record up to 3hrs uncompressed). However after trying out the new card an "Err Card 2" message flashed on screen after about a minutes recording. However this oddly only happened when recording in .wav and not in .mp3.

I thought it may be a faulty card so I ordered a second only to experience exactly the same problem. I then thought I may be using the wrong type of card as the card that originally came with the device was an SD card and the two new replacement cards were SDHC cards. But after consulting the user manual it clearly stated that the device supports both card types.

So I am now at a loss with what to do. Please can someone help shed some light on this problem?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Jack.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Err Card 2 message on Marantz PMD 661
on Feb 3, 2010 at 3:44:05 pm

Jack,

I have the Marantz 660, not the newer 661, so I'm just taking a shot in the dark here. But I remember when I first got it that I checked Marantz's website and there were certain brands of card that they recommended. With that said, I actually bought one no-name brand and it works, but it may be that that is your problem. The one issue I do run into is that one of my cards records just fine, but if I try to use the 660 as a USB device, the computer will not recognize it with that card installed. The other cards work fine.

Hope you find the issue. Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:57:27 pm

I have a 761. There's a card test you can run which delivers the read and write speeds of the card. The speed has to exceed a certain number for it to work reliably. See if you can run that test on your unit. Also, format the drive if you didn't do that already. There may be some data on the card which is causing the problem.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jack Whiteley
on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:51:42 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your quick replies guys, I think I shall just have to keep trying out a few different card types/brands until one works. I just hope I don't waste too much money in the meantime. Somebody suggested trying a Sandisk Ultra II card so I might give that a go.

John, I'm curious about this card test, how do I go about performing one?

Jack.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 4, 2010 at 7:29:54 pm

I use and have had no problems at all with Sandisk.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]