FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using two Sennheiser radio kits together - same or different frequency band?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Allen
Using two Sennheiser radio kits together - same or different frequency band?
on Feb 2, 2010 at 1:53:29 am

Hi guys,

I am looking at buying two of the sennheiser wireless lav systems to use at the same time with my sony EX1R, and was wondering if anyone has any advice on whether it is better, or makes no difference at all, to buy the two kits from the different frequency bands (A, B and C). Best I can tell in Australia I can use all three bands, so basically should I buy the same (2xB) or get two different (B and C)?

Thanks for any suggestions everyone.
Sincerely,
Jason Allen

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Using two Sennheiser radio kits together - same or different frequency band?
on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:35:53 am

Hello Jason and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Do a little research on the Sennheiser site to see what frequencies are in use in Australia, or in the are in which you intend to shoot. There may be frequencies in one of the three bands that are off-limits in AUstralia.

I use a pair of Sennheisers on the same band. No problem. The more crowded the band the more difficult it is to find open frequencies. Here in the US, we usually only run into that in NY and LA, and at big events like broadcast sports playoffs.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jason Allen
Re: Using two Sennheiser radio kits together - same or different frequency band?
on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:47:33 am

Thanks heaps Ty.

Yep the sennheiser site says they're all fine for me here, so I should be fine.

Thanks for the help, you answered exactly what I wanted to know. Much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jason Allen

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Sam Mallery
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:03:17 pm

One advanage to having both systems on the same band is that you can use one transmitter to send audio to both receivers. This can be useful for sending one person's lav to two separate cameras... that kind of thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]