FORUMS: list search recent posts

Equipment Insurance

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Gizzi
Equipment Insurance
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:13:09 am

Hi, everyone! I've read here occasionally, but this is my first post. Nice to cyber-meet you all.

So my question is obviously with regard to insurance. I started doing alot more location sound and I want to make sure my investments are protected. I am currently renting but don't have renter's insurance, if that would be enough to take care of it. I'm also curious about having to rent equipment from a large company - do they require you insurance and/or do you purchase it through them? If you might have any sources or advice for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Rick

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Equipment Insurance
on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:51:48 pm

Rented equipment insurance varies from vendor to vendor. Almost every company I've rented from requires a certificate of insurance from my insurance company. One or two offered their own coverage, but that's rare in my experience.

And insurance coverage on your gear when it's home is different from when it's on the road. Make sure your insurance agent is knowledgeable about the production business. Coverages are different from typical home insurance. There are insurance agents that handle nothing but production-related insurance.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Rick Gizzi
on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:25:05 pm

Great to know - I don't know if you're allowed to post specific vendors in here, but if you know some that would suit my minimal needs (more specifically, just insuring audio equipment for use on the road - I do biz as myself - I am not a production ocmpany) please PM me (if this forum has private messages) or post if it's allowed!

Rick

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 17, 2010 at 11:04:02 pm

I checked the Cow Terms & Conditions and I think it's ok for me to post the name of my insurance broker. It's Andy McDonough at Arts & Entertainment Insurance 781-639-2723.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:49:00 am

To cover your gear you need an Inland Marine policy. I have what Erie calls an Ultraflex policy that includes General Liability and Inland Marine. This Marine policy has coverage for your personal gear that you take on location and a set amount for rentals, I have $20K, and that can be upped with a phone call if needed.

There's been some discussion of this over in http://forums.creativecow.net/businessmarketing

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/17/862956#863009.

Steve

Jump to the FFP Website

View Steve Kownacki's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]