FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Identifying Two Lav Mics, Please

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skip Hall
Help Identifying Two Lav Mics, Please
on Jan 11, 2010 at 4:14:27 am

Hello everyone.
If I'm mis-posting this, I apologize, but my hope is that one of you audio professionals can identify these two lavaliere microphones for me. I just acquired them in a camera purchase, and want to know exactly what model number(s) they are, if possible.
The smaller one, I know is an Audio Technica, and I think the other one is too, but there are no markings at all on that one. I went to the AT site, and searched around there, but I couldn't find any that looked like exactly like either of these. The larger (can-shaped) mic, resembles an AT831CW, but I can't be sure.
Anyway, anyone who can ID them, or tell me how to research it, I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Skip Hall
Homeworks Video Productions
Suffolk, Virginia

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Help Identifying Two Lav Mics, Please
on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:01:18 am

Hello Skip and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Why not contact Audio Technica in Stow, OH. They have always been nice to me on the phone.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:00:04 am

Skip,

The first microphone looks to have a TA4F (or TA3F) connector on it - which makes me think: (1)it is a Shure brand mic or (2) it is another brand that is terminated for use with Shure systems.

The only other thing that I can tell you without model numbers or more photos is that both mics appear to be omnidirectional, since there are no phase ports in sight.

Good luck in your search!

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Skip Hall
on Jan 13, 2010 at 6:21:47 am

Thanks for the input, fellas.
I'll try calling AT in Stow, and see if I can email them the photos. I hesitate to call manufacturers these days, because it's usually so hard to get a real human on the phone who treats callers with courtesy, and/or one who actually knows anything useful about the problem at hand. But sometimes, we get surprised, so maybe this will be one of those times.
And Wolf, thanks for your intel too. There are 6 holes (ports?) in the sides of the larger mic, but I don't see any in the smaller mic with the AT logo on it. Both of these mics were sold to me as part of a used Samson UM1/UT1 system, but I get the impression from the Samson literature that the connector on the transmitter is a TB3M, mini-XLR, which is supposed to fit some Sony, Sennheiser, AT, and Crown mics, as well as Samsons.
Sure would help if these folks would figure out how to laser-etch a model number on the side of the housing or something. How hard could that be, these days?

Skip Hall
Homeworks Video Productions
Suffolk, Va

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]