FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good HH wireless mic for ambient

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McLaurin
Good HH wireless mic for ambient
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:37:09 pm

Could someone recommend a good wireless HH system for wedding/ event videography?? Would like a good podium mic, singer mic ambient sound etc. Seems there would be a problem with having to be "right on" the mic to get good sound with some I have looked at. Any help would be appreciated.
JOhn

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Good HH wireless mic for ambient
on Jan 10, 2010 at 10:09:22 pm

Shure and Beyerdynamic make a bunch of good interview mics, as does Sennheiser. If you're looking for more performance-oriented handheld microphone, check out Heil's PR-series (the PR-22 and PR-35 are both very nice - and I'm getting a PR-35 very shortly, my PR-22 sounds great on voices).

If you're just looking for an ambient mic, look for a small-diaphragm condenser, omnidirectional one (Audio-Technica makes nice ones).

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:41:47 am

Jordan, how do the Heil mics compare to the RE50 in regards to wind and pop rejection?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:56:29 am

My PR-22 has very little proximity effect, so there is less affinity for plosives when close-miking a source. I have never used an RE50, as far as I know, so I cannot compare them.

Rent a bunch of mics, if you can, and try them out. If you're setup and mixing techniques are correct and the mic patterns suit the environment, you should get consistent-enough results to judge which one(s) is/are the best for that job.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:31:25 pm

Thanks, Jordan. I've never used one of the Heils, but a year ago I was shooting at Daytona and my sound guy had an RE50. It had amazing wind and noise rejection. I'm not buying a mic. My question was out of curiosity.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:05:14 am

Hello John and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I'd try an ElectroVoice RE50, Sennheiser MD46 omni dynamic and either the Sennheiser G3 or Audio Technica single channel 1800 plug on wireless.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]