FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cassette to CD

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lohmann
Cassette to CD
on Jan 9, 2010 at 7:12:40 pm

I have a DVD recorder and i was wondering if i could just record audio to it and rip it to my computer then convert to mp3 and burn it to a cd. It would be cassette player to rca to patch bay to recorder.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Cassette to CD
on Jan 9, 2010 at 8:12:22 pm

First try to burn audio with no video going to the DVD recorder. If you can play and hear the audio you're probably good to go. Download the free MPEG Streamclip. Use it to turn the DVD audio into an aiff or wav file (44.1kHz, 16 bit). Then burn that to the CD. Going to mp3 instead of aiff or wav will just lower the quality of the CD.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Jan 9, 2010 at 8:19:00 pm

I own several stand-alone "set-top" DVD recorders.

A couple of them directly burn standard CD-R's that play in regular audio CD players.

Feed an audio source into the audio inputs on the DVD recorder, insert a blank CD-R, and start recording.

It just depends on the capabilities of your DVD recorder.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:13:55 am

Hello Chris and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Here's my best solution. http://www.ionaudio.com/tape2pc

I bought one.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]