FORUMS: list search recent posts

23.98ndf & 29.97ndf timecode

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Krickow
23.98ndf & 29.97ndf timecode
on Jan 4, 2010 at 8:27:07 am

I'm editing a project FCP v.7.0.1 that had two different production sound mixers. One recorded audio with 23.98NDF TC and the other used 29.97NDF TC. Both recorded audio at 48khz 24bit. The post production sound mixer requested that all the audio and video have the same timecode. The project was shot at 23.98fps so I'm wondering if it's possible to convert the audio with 29.97NDF TC to 23.98 TC? There's no function to convert the audio TC when creating an OMF in FCP so I'm wondering if this is going to cause major issues for post sound if they're using Pro Tools? I'd like to have an idea of the severity of this issue before I talk to post sound so I'd appreciate any advice that you could give me! Thanks and Happy New Year!

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: 23.98ndf & 29.97ndf timecode
on Jan 6, 2010 at 11:01:45 am

Ryan,
I don't get it.
BWF timecode DOES NOT EXIST.
What BWF does have, is 'samples after midnight'
meaning, if you start recording a 48K file at 10 seconds (00:00:10:00),
the BWF gets a timestamp of 480.000
Now it's up to the editing package how to interpret that number.
So if you imported everything the same, you're home free.

No idea how you have imported and what editing package you use, so i can't really help you further...

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: 23.98ndf & 29.97ndf timecode
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:49:35 pm

Hi Ryan,

I haven't done this but you can change the timecode and/or sample rate using Sound Device's Wave Agent software. It's a free download off their site. I don't know if it's what will help you but, it's worth checking out.

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]