FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacPro>FinalizerPlus problem

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Clingman
MacPro>FinalizerPlus problem
on Dec 21, 2009 at 11:58:00 pm

OK this might be an obscure problem but I'm sure baffled and maybe someone out there has run across this.

I'm playing back 24 bit 48k audio files in Soundtrack Pro (v 2.0.2) on a Mac Pro. I've set the audio to digital output and I'm running toslink out into my Finalizer Plus for the D to A conversion, then onto my mixing console.

Audio passes through the digital outs of the Mac to the FInalizerPlus BUT the Finalizers front panel sample rate indicator is reporting that it is receiving 44,100 NOT 48,000!!!

I don't see that there is anything on the Mac Pro that indicates a sample rate conversion is happening so I just don't get it. And I checked the Mac Pro optical out specs and 24 bit 48k SHOULD be just fine.

I don't have another toslink device to test so I can't check to see if it's something with the FinalizerPlus. However when I output my Alesis HD24 running at 48k into the FInalizerPlus, it correctly displays.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

rick clingman
MacPro 2.66, OS 10.5.8, FCP 6.0.6, Motion 3.0.2

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: MacPro>FinalizerPlus problem
on Dec 22, 2009 at 12:31:16 am

Hello Rick and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Have you visited the Mac's Audio/MIDI control panel to set output sample rate to 48 kHz?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Rick Clingman
on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:23:49 am

Hi Ty,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a bit new to the Mac (actually a returning Mac user after about 15 years).

No I hadn't been to the Audio/MIDI Setup control panel. Jeez, I googled MacPro digital audio output and nothing showed up that talked about this control panel. I don't know why Apple doesn't put it in System Preferences. Anyway...

...I just opened it and after mucking around a bit was able to solve the problem. Sure enough the output was set to 44.1. Yes, the audio sounds much better now too! Ahhh.

So thank you so very much. I really appreciate it, and have a terrific holiday.

rick

rick clingman
MacPro 2.66, OS 10.5.8, FCP 6.0.6, Motion 3.0.2

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:52:07 am

Rick,

Yah Mon! Everyone in this room is a good egg. Hang around and help the next person when they get stumped.

Regards,

Ty F

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]