FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Lavs for video work

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Benatar
Wireless Lavs for video work
on Dec 5, 2009 at 2:31:58 am

Hello,
I'm looking to purchase a good dual wireless lav system for video work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marten Benatar
Rio Media Services

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Wireless Lavs for video work
on Dec 5, 2009 at 1:45:32 pm

Hello Marten and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

If by dual wireless you mean a two channel system - two transmitters, two receivers. Then you can get two single channel systems. Lectrosonics, Zaxcom Audio Technica offer two channel systems.

Will this be in studio or on location?

How will you use it?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Marten Benatar
on Dec 5, 2009 at 9:44:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome,
Most of what I will be doing will be on location shoots indoors. Most of which will be scripted. 1 camera shoot, no grip. Looking for something I can either wear as a belt or camera mount.

Marten Benatar
Rio Media Services

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:26:27 pm

You say you're looking for "good" dual wireless... In the spirit of good, better, best, I would say get two Sennheiser G3 systems. It's not a dual system, but the transmitters and receivers are pretty small and it's easy to mount two receivers to a camera with the use of a Cool-Lux MD3000.

Audio Technica and Adzen both make dual systems, but I wouldn't recommend either. The Audio Technica is decent, but the receiver is too large, and the lav mics that come with the transmitters are not good at all.

In the spirit of "better" and "best," that would be Lectrosonics and Zaxcom (in no specific order). Wireless systems are one area where spending more money the first time out is a wise move. I bought two Lectrosonics 100 series systems (their entry level system), and they're great, but I wish I would have gone all the way for a dual SR receiver and two SMa transmitters. In fact, just writing that sentence down makes me feel like I should go ahead and do that as soon as possible :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]