16-bit samples

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: The TLM 102 is here!
on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:57:34 am

It was great to hear the different positions between the guitar and the microphone. Directly on the soundhole seemed a bit boxy to me. If you can apply any dynamic EQ, I think it would sound fantastic - I think somewhere around 250Hz-300Hz would be nice, taking off about 3-5dB. I think that the TLM102 just between the soundhole and neck, combined with either a DI (delayed accordingly...say around 1ms or so) or a lavalier style mic clipped just under the soundhole would be a beautiful combo for your guitar.

I enjoyed that position the most, and with a brighter guitar, I think it would lend itself to a nicely balanced tone on the actual recording. Have you tried any Carvin nylon-string acoustics yet? I have been presently surprised each time I've heard them. They won't break the bank, either.

Could you possibly do a take using a song that includes some percussive use of the guitar body? Maybe setting the mic slightly off-axis from the soundhole would keep the boominess away. It seemed a bit beamy in the lower midrange.

Thanks for the clips - I always love being able to have actual clips to compare various mics...add it to the arsenal! :-)

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

JC Boulay
on Nov 16, 2009 at 7:45:34 pm

This is going to be such a popular mic for project studios! I just tested it on Voice Over today and it sounded very sweet. The integrated pop-filter/windscreen also does a good job on its own so it's super-easy to set up. Can't wait to put this near a snare. Just don't tell my Sennheiser rep!

JC Boulay
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Nov 18, 2009 at 12:09:55 pm

Wolf,

I added some new clips to the folder yesterday. New strings on the acoustic, VO and electric guitar.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]