FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rode Microphones Great Experience

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Dunn
Rode Microphones Great Experience
on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:35:01 am

I am usually not one to go out of my way to promote a company's customer service (probably because great experiences are so rare), but I was very pleasantly surprised with a recent experience with Rode Microphones.

I work with college students who have the remarkable ability to lose anything and everything that holds together the production equipment they are using. I recently had a student return a Rode blimp with multiple screws and fasteners gone, rendering the blimp unusable. As is usually the case, it was not something I could run to the local hardware store to find a replacement to. After numerous web searches for replacement parts, I found the Rode website and hoped they sold spare parts. Finding nothing, I sent an email to their "info" address hoping to eventually get a response.

Within minutes I received a link to a parts list with an exploded view picture of the blimp with a message to just let them know which part I needed and they would send it out. I quickly responded with the part numbers and waited.

I kept waiting for a shopping cart link or a price list and a long shipping wait to get the items from Australia. Instead, I was shocked when I received a package in the mail less than a week later with the exact parts I requested. No invoice, no charge, no questions. In today's marketplace, this is unheard of customer service. Maybe its just the way the Australians do business. If so, I want to buy more from them.

Although I have purchased multiple Rode products in the past, from now on, their products will be the first I consider when I need any audio item.

Tom Dunn
Director Digital Media Production
JP Catholic University
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

Spencer Sternberg
Re: Rode Microphones Great Experience
on Nov 14, 2009 at 11:09:03 am

Thanks for posting this. Its really nice to hear stories such as these when it comes to equipment and companies' customer service. I will definitely be thinking about what you wrote when I am looking into new microphones.

I am also in support of Rode microphones. Their sturdy design and great sound quality have always impressed.

Spencer Sternberg
Audio for Games
http://www.spencersternberg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]