FORUMS: list search recent posts

advice,,best method for audio repair

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Garcia
advice,,best method for audio repair
on Nov 11, 2009 at 9:30:21 pm

I am in a class at church with my wife. We missed a couple of classes cause she had been in the hospital and we got the classes we missed on CD.
These CDs were done in STP (SoundTrack Pro) but they are lousy. The sound is really low and there's a few minutes at the beginning they should have omitted for the class cause it's just chatter.
What would you suggest is the best way for my to fix these ??

format AIFF 16 bit , 44100 , stereo , and they are HUGE cause they're one hour plus classes, and they were burned without chapters at all for a whopping 6 minute wait time just dragging them into STP track.

?? Anyway, should I reverse engineer the clip in STP ?? or just make an MP3 in ITunes and re-burn it normalized ??

JOE

Gen 1:1

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: advice,,best method for audio repair
on Nov 11, 2009 at 9:49:22 pm

Well, from the sound of it, the clip sounds like it was just one channel, so reverse-engineering it shouldn't matter that much. If there are multiple channels with different information on them (other sources in other locations, etc.), then you would want them individually.

Who cares if it takes 6min. to import? Go make some tea, coffee, or hot cocoa and then come back when it's done. :-)

I think that the S/N ration might be compromised due to the low level of the audio as it exists on the "mastered" copy of the recording that you have. Maybe you can get the church to send you a copy of the original so you can remaster it FOR THEM (business or ministry opportunity, mayhaps?). Either way, see what you can do and make the best of it! Have fun...

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Joe Garcia
Re: advice,,best method for audio repair
on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:19:07 pm

Cool Fishy,, can I borrow that, I can make mine swim to the right so it's different, ><:>

Thanks for the help. The clip is stereo but what looks to be two channels on one track, correct me if I'm wrong but STP only let's me edit both as a single unit.

JOE

Gen 1:1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]