FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to bounce 500+ regions?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Ostrovsky
How to bounce 500+ regions?
on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:50:00 pm

Hello,

At the moment I am facing a problem of renaming and bouncing more than five hundred small regions for a voiceover project. Is there any other, more convenient way than selecting each of them, typing the name and bouncing?

Thank you!

I'm a PT 8 user

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: How to bounce 500+ regions?
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:04:44 pm

Do you want them as single much larger files (ie combined) or kept as sepatates

Peter

Return to posts index

Tony Ostrovsky
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:29:24 pm

I need them as separates. Probably there is a macros, that allows me to go through the session and export everything (like a Virtual Katy, but for a different purpose).

Thank you!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Peter Groom
on Nov 10, 2009 at 5:10:42 pm

Ok
If you need to do this as a bounce (ie youve eqd , compressed etc etc then its a bit of a git!) as youve realised.

If you have processed the files as a plug in then if you convert the processing to audiosuite then theyre processed on the timline, so you can just lasso (highlight in to out all the relevant cues) and go Shift & Apple & K. This will select all cues in selection and allow you to set export parameters such as mono, bit rate etc, and allow you to select output location. select ok and off it goes, doing them all in a 1.
be sure to keep a copy of all regions on the timeline before applying an audiosuite effect as this is destructive. ALT & Drag to a new track creates this dupe

I think id be inclined to consolidate the 500 cues into a fewer number of larger cuse. Highlight a section of say 100 regions and Shift & ALT & 3 to create 1 much bigger cue with all the smaller cues embedded in it with no need to bounce.

Cheers

peter

Peter

Return to posts index

Tony Ostrovsky
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:32:07 pm

Thank you very much Peter! You've just saved me more than 10 hours of monotonous work!

I'm glad that you're a part of Creative Cow community!!! ;)

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:27:13 am

Hi Tony
thats very nice of you to say. Its good to be able to help, as have received help form forums in the past.

Nb How do you find PT 8 vs 7.x . I havent upgraded from 7.4 to 8 yet. Largely as Id need a completely new Mac, and Im NOT keen at all on the darker visual interface. Combine that with the fact that my PT works perfectly with no glitches ever, and it paid for I struggle to find reasons for upping (until digidesign finally get round to implementing some real Post prod advances that they say theyve had as the top 3 on the wish list for 3 years now!!)

Peter

Peter

Return to posts index

Tony Ostrovsky
on Nov 11, 2009 at 12:02:25 pm

I have switched to Pro Tools 8 a couple of months ago, after getting a Digi003. Although, I have barely used the extensive features that it offers.
At the moment I am on a PC (XP Pro, 4 GB, 2.4 Ghz), but the machine sometimes can't handle low-latency recording with H/W buffer below 256 samples. Maybe I need an HD system. Also, sometimes I get sudden white noise bursts both in artists and my headphones - there can be a million different reasons for that though. Apart from that - I'm lovin' it! That's my experience so far ;)

But, from what I know, they still use PT 7.4 with MacOS Tiger at Pinewood - reliability is the key there.

P.S.
Even though it's not relevant to the topic, I would not recomment switching to Snow Leopard to anyone - too much glitches and incompatibility issues. And that's even after 10.6.2 update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]