FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to recover Deva 5.8 (Zaxcom) deleted data?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anandabrata ghosh
how to recover Deva 5.8 (Zaxcom) deleted data?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 1:34:47 pm

Hi,

I was using a Deva 5.8 for my sound recording purpose. Unfortunately after 5 days of shoot, the folders which had stored audio where erased using the "erase folder" option.

Now I want to retrieve that data. I can see the data in the physical form of .zax files but I am not being able to use them. How do I recover this deleted data?

Please help.

Regards,
Anand

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: how to recover Deva 5.8 (Zaxcom) deleted data?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 3:40:50 pm

Try ZaxConvert software.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

anandabrata ghosh
on Oct 18, 2009 at 3:48:51 pm

Zaxconvert is only showing me the folders of which data has not be deleted. Basically folders for which data can be converted.

But folders which has been deleted need to be recovered first and then converted.

How do I recover is the question? I have tried many recovery software, like R-Studio they show the data on the hard drive but does not let me recover it. My assumption is that it searches the metadata file, and in that file the deleted folders have been marked as deleted. Hence the recovery software is not being able to detect it.

The metadata file is extension .zzz. But I am not sure how to open that file to edit it.

Need more info.

Regards,
Anand

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 18, 2009 at 4:26:23 pm

I misunderstood. I thought you had the .zax files. I'm not experienced in drive recovery. Here are some software options I found http://www.prosoftengineering.com/ and Drive Savers, although I've read they can be expensive.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

anandabrata ghosh
on Oct 18, 2009 at 4:39:33 pm

I do have the .zax files in the hard drive after i do a recovery. But when i use the zaxconverter and add source folder which has all the zax files, it only shows the folder which have not been deleted using "erase folder".

Regards,
Anand

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:19:35 pm

contact Zaxcom and don't do ANYTHING with the drive until you hear from them.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]