FORUMS: list search recent posts

worried about audio for filming conference

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david payne
worried about audio for filming conference
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:32:57 pm

Hi all,
I am filming my first corporate piece next week, a series of presentations infront of powerpoint. Im going to get the powerpoint afterwards and Im quite confident on the video side of things.
However, I have never connected my HDR-FX1 to a sound desk before which is the plan for this event. There are multiple speakers in some presentations and I only have one wireless kit. Also to save putting 2 mics on everyone the av company said I could plug into their desk.
Ive just found out that I may have issues plugging straight in via XLR to 3.5 converter into the mic input on the camera. Is this true even if I use the LINE setting in the AUDIO SET menu?
Would a small in line attenuator help? Or a box like the Beacktek DXA-4? I was considering getting the beachtek recently and wish I had now as I dont think I can get it anywhere other than online in the UK by Tuesday...

any help/advice would be much appreciated

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: worried about audio for filming conference
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:57:09 pm

Yup, that Beachtek is exactly what you want to get. CALL the store, buy it, and arrange for rush delivery within your time constraints. Anything can be overnighted if you can pay the price. If you feel it is urgent enough, then pay the price and make the money back by using it over and over. Consider it an investment - especially if this gig is one that is a repeat.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: worried about audio for filming conference
on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:15:52 pm

Also look into the juicedLink CX 231.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]