FORUMS: list search recent posts

Enhanced Audio CD frustration

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Oaten
Enhanced Audio CD frustration
on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:28:49 am

Hi,

I know this technology may be a little outdated, but I have been asked by a musician to create an enhanced audio CD, which contains some video footage of a live gig I shot over the summer at a music festival, as well as studio recorded audio track to play on CD player.

I'm using toast 9 titanium, and i've managed to burn a disc which contains both elements, and plays correctly etc... however, the audio CD portion names itself 'Share the night' and iTunes is reading the track as Share The Night by World Premiere - THIS IS NOT THE CASE! I don't even have this track in my library, never heard of it..!

Is there some hidden metadata in the WAV that I can change? Are the guys who mastered it having a laugh or something? I edited the track title and artists etc in toast, but it always comes up as this....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yours in frustration,

Matt Oaten

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Enhanced Audio CD frustration
on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:11:12 pm

Welcome back to the Audio Forum, Matt.

I think what's happening is that iTunes uses CDDB to guess what the CD is. Under iTunes general preferences, unclick the box "Automatically retrieve CD track names."

I had a client call, asking why I was using used CDs to burn his projects because they were coming up with Heavy Metal titles on his religious songs. It was just CDDB being wrong.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:43:28 pm

Hi Ty, thanks again for your support.

This was my first thought, but after disconnecting my Ethernet cable, purchasing and installing toast 10, rebuilding the enhanced CD from scratch, and then re-inserting and running it, all whilst disconnected from the web, the same thing happens!

It titles the disc by the name Share The Night, even though in toast I titled it by the track that's on it....

It mounts two virtual CD images to my desktop, the video CD image remains correctly titled, but the audio CD does not.

it's all very confusing, and I cant seem to find anything similar happening to others out there.

Do WAVs even carry metadata?

Thanks again!

Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Oaten
on Oct 14, 2009 at 1:36:19 pm

Hi Ty,

OK, after doing some more research I think the problem just lies with the Gracenote CDDB auto-naming. I have submitted the name of this track to the database, going to wait a while and see if it will work. Hasn't fixed the problem yet, but i'm guessing there needs to be some kind of verification process before they let it loose on the web....

Thanks again,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]