FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Camera Hop

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jones
Wireless Camera Hop
on Sep 26, 2009 at 4:13:52 pm

Hey Everyone-

I'm looking for some advice for doing a wireless camera hop using Lectrosonics 200/400 transmitters (not sure which ones yet) to 211/411 receivers. I guess I'm wondering if I send tone out from the mixer, what levels am I looking to have on the transmitters? The mixer is a Wendt 5X.

Thanks in advance!

Dave J

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Wireless Camera Hop
on Sep 29, 2009 at 8:34:29 am

Hi
As no one has replied, Ill answer as best I can.

1) Ive never heard of our used any of the radio mics or mixer youre talking about, so can only talk in general terms.

The output from the mixer needs to be matched to the input of the transmitter (level wise) So if its pumping out on a line level output, youll need to ensure that the radio mic transmitter inputs can cope with this. If not (and Id suggest its unlikely) you need to pad down the input using a line to mic level pad, or decrease the mixer output to mic level (which it may be able to do.

In general terms, radio mic Tx's and Rx's work on mic levels. Once youve paired up the inputs, things should be plain sailing.

Those brands are not present here in the Uk to the best of my knowlege.
Cheers

Peter

Return to posts index

Tyler Cartner
Re: Wireless Camera Hop
on Aug 13, 2010 at 3:45:18 am

Hello,

I'm sure by now you've had this answered, but just in case others have questions. You can do one of a few things to match your audio signal levels out of the mixer:
1. Lectrosonics offers a TA5 to XLR adapter cable specifically for this purpose to pad down the hot line level out of a mixer so it's at the appropriate level for input into the 400 transmitter. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/348320-REG/Lectrosonics_MC35_XLR_Fema...
2. Your mixer may have the ability to drop outputs to mic level.
3. You can use an inline pad to drop the line level out of the mixer. I like the Shure's for this as they have 3 different settings. You'll still need to adapt from XLR to TA5. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68600-REG/Shure_A15AS.html

Cheers,

Tyler Cartner
endlesspicnic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]