FORUMS: list search recent posts

A way to adjust sound so that my soundtrack is not woody sounding with thudding bass

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Kimball
A way to adjust sound so that my soundtrack is not woody sounding with thudding bass
on Aug 22, 2009 at 9:51:16 pm

Okay hopefully I have found the right location to describe this. I purchased a royalty free track from a company called neosounds. The track is called BlueyWalks which I am using for the intro to my film. When I listen to the track unrendered in my prohect in Sony Vegas it sounds fine. Also when I burn a CD of the track it sounds fine. However once I play this intro clip in a DVD player the track sounds wooden and "thumpy"... so much so that it takes away from this delightful music. Curiously uploading the clip to youtube and listening to it through head phones it sounds just fine.

Please give a listen as its super short:

However once you play it on a DVD or a CD player (I burned a CD of it also) it becomes clunky and wooden sounding with thumping reverberation.

I tried adjusting the levels in Sony Vegas but am perhaps not knowledgeable enough to use Vegas' tricks of the trade.

Any suggestions for me please?

Thanks very much!

Don

New to Vegas... excited and intimidated at the same time!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: A way to adjust sound so that my soundtrack is not woody sounding with thudding bass
on Aug 23, 2009 at 12:53:15 pm

Hello Don and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I suspect that there is something going on either in the output configuration of your video editing program or the burn to DVD or in the specific audio output configuration of your DVD player>audio amp.

To eliminate the second of these, try playing the DVD in someone else's system.

If the problem persists, there may be something switched a certain way in you mix outputs. Did you combine the stereo to mono?

The track has a lot of stereo information. Sometimes combining stereo to mono causes some pretty dramatic cancellation side-effects. In the old days, there was a keyboard, the Yamaha DX7. It had some lovely stereo patches that became inaudible when the tracks were mixed to mono!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

TyFord

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]