FORUMS: list search recent posts

stop the echo

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margaret Hartline
stop the echo
on Aug 22, 2009 at 3:47:26 pm

i already tried contacting the internet provider. i initially fixed it when i fixed my control panel, but now it wont work. there is a major echo problem. which means i cannot listen to any music until the problem is fixed.

i am having major echo problems, which means i cannot listen to any music until this problem is solved!!!!!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bill Davis
Re: stop the echo
on Aug 22, 2009 at 7:37:43 pm

Margaret,

Your description is a bit hard to understand - but let me try.

Typically, the sort of echo you appear to be describing takes place when a speaker produces a sound, that is then picked up by a MICROPHONE, which sends the sound back to the SAME speaker with a small delay.

I suspect that you have a microphone on your computer somewhere - they're building them into a lot of systems to enable chat, and phone over internet etc. - and the control panel has enabled something that has turned that microphone on - and that you're getting an echo loop from the speaker to mic.

When a system is working properly, the speakers are muted when the mic is turned on. And the mic is disabled when the speakers are in operation.

But with so many products and pathways in a modern computer or sound system, it's perfectly reasonable for a system go get in a mode where they're BOTH on - and the echo takes place.

Look in your SOUND settings for a way to turn the microphone off. Or if it's some kind of external microphone, look for a way to shut it physically off - and that should take care of the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]