FORUMS: list search recent posts

I-River type recorders VS Micromemo on ipod

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david payne
I-River type recorders VS Micromemo on ipod
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:48:41 am

Hi all,

My third post in this section and so far I've got such great helpful answers I thought I'd try one more...

I have an ipod with a micromemo and cheap mono lapel mic which I sometimes use for wedding ceremonies as a back up:

http://www.micromemo.co.uk/MicroMemoBlack.htm

I realise its cheap cheap cheap, but for the price it seemed worth having.Ive recently started using my much more expensive sennheiser wireless mic set up and notice the sound quality is much better. However I recently stumbled on this recording which was made with an I River FP890 and giant squid audio mic. I'm not sure if this mic is a lapel mic but the quality is much better.

My micromemo mic is on its last legs and ive bought 4 replacements, none of which work for it but do work with the sennheiser so obviously the micromemo needs something that the sennheiser doesnt? I have contacted micromemo about this and got no answer.

I'm rambling. My question is what is the best quality lapel mic or even a table mic for speeches that will work with the micromemo. Also is the i-river noticeably better recording quality than the micromemo?

I understand this isnt exactly "professional" audio but any help you might be able to offer would as always come in very helpful!

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]