FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help in Buying 2nd Lavalier

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Koza
Help in Buying 2nd Lavalier
on Aug 9, 2009 at 5:28:06 pm

Hi there, I have an upcoming shoot where I will need to mic up 2 people, and I only have one system, the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 Series - UHF Lavalier System (B). I need to make a purchase this week, and I really don't want to spend another $500, so was thinking Azden maybe, but I'm clueless, but assuming yes, if I have to stick with UHF, and can't go VHF (cheaper). I will have both receivers mounted side by side on my Sony HDR FX1000 (with an XLR adapter) using a bracket.

Any purchase suggestions?

Thanks!

Lisa

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Help in Buying 2nd Lavalier
on Aug 10, 2009 at 5:50:56 am

Hi Lisa-

In my opinion:

1. If you're using two lav/wireless systems at the same time, they should be the same. Different systems can/will sound different so, using the same lavs and wireless units will give you consistent sound.

2. I wouldn't go any cheaper than the Sennheiser G2. That's something you'll probably hear from everyone on this forum. When it comes to wireless systems, you really do get what you pay for.

Best,
Dave

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Aug 10, 2009 at 4:47:29 pm

That model rents for under $50/day. Why mess with a new mic setup that you are not familiar with?

Steve

Jump to the FFP Website

View Steve Kownacki's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Lisa Koza
on Aug 10, 2009 at 5:48:26 pm

hi, well I'm going to need it on a few different occasions for this one particular project, and one shoot will include being away for 6 days.......so the rental will grow large. Maybe I'll search for a used Sennheiser on Ebay. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
on Aug 10, 2009 at 7:12:29 pm

As you search for a used Sennheiser G2 system, stay away from the C frequency. That frequency has been discontinued because those frequencies were sold as a part of the DTV/White Spaces deal.

Return to posts index

Lisa Koza
on Aug 11, 2009 at 3:13:29 am

oooh, ok, thanks Sam for the heads up. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]